Adult Acting Classes
Main objective of this course is to explore imaginative playing and building personal confidence.
The course includes 26 lessons.
- Includes slate, commercial, dialogue and monologue training
- Valuable but fun games and exercises
- 1 video description – explanation of the overview of the 6 month course
- 1 video self-tape example
- Acting material (optional usage)
- 6 months
- 78 hours of training
(5, 12, 19, 26)
The name game is a fun exercise that stimulates and exercises the memory of the actor. Each talent chooses a body movement and vocal sound. Actors say their name, makes the movement and throw a ball to another talent. To advance the game – Talent can add a sound with throwing the ball.
The talent that catches the ball must make the body movement of the previous actor and add a movement and sound and so the game continues until all talent says their names.
- Slate/ Introduction (refer to video example)
- Introduce Key Words for the 6 months course
(2, 9, 16, 23, 30)
2 actors pair up to build an animal.
Example: Snake, giraffe and the rest of the actors must guess the animal based on the pair’s movement and vocal sound.
(Writing commercials and monologues)
(7, 14, 21, 28)
Two Intentions and Filming
2 Intentions | 1 line.
The talent must say this one line “I’m sorry”
- To be sincere
- To lie
Mid – Course Assessment
- Commercial – choose a product
- Monologue (provided choice or written by talent)
(4, 11, 18, 25)
No Words Allowed
An exercise that includes beginning, middle and end of character. This exercise shows action with body and no voice allowed. The action will explain a series of events that the character undergoes.
- Improvisation for Characters for dialogue building
- Improvisation for different shows for talent
(2, 9, 16, 23, 30)
This exercise helps the actor to find a rhythm in sync with their dialogue partner. This exercise works on concentration as well as listening and reacting.
- Rehearsal for Showcase
- Individual + grouping one on one with facilitator
(6, 13, 20, 27,
- Rehearsal for showcase
- Class auditions
- Workshop Characters “Performance”